The former Carlisle Airfield in the community of Midway (three miles east of Bamberg) was likely built some time in the mid-1940s. By 1948 the airfield had been purchased by the Town of Bamberg, and it was dedicated as the Bamberg Airport on November 7, 1948.
Today the two unpaved runways are no longer in use. The small airport was replaced in the late twentieth century with the Bamberg County Airport in Denmark.
Leave a Reply