This church in the rural community of Meggett was founded in 1906 as a chapel of ease for Christ Church in Adams Run. It became an independent church in 1925. The first church to house the St. Paul’s congregation, seen below, was used until the summer of 1946.
By December of 1946, the stuccoed church building seen below was already built and in use. By 1962 the two churches, Christ Church and St. Paul’s, consolidated to form Christ Church-St. Paul’s Episcopal Church. In 2008 the church constructed a new sanctuary across the street from this historic church. Now an Anglican church, Christ Church-St. Paul’s maintains the properties of both historic church properties, including the graveyards.
More Pictures of St. Paul’s Church