Society Hill Presbyterian Church, located in the namesake community of Society Hill, organized in 1891 by a commission of the Pee Dee Presbytery. The congregation worshiped in a nearby school until its own church, pictured below, was built in 1893.
For several years in the early twentieth century, the church sponsored seminarians stationed in at least six mission areas in the Pee Dee region. Society Hill Presbyterian was so committed to these students that it was able to support them without any help from the presbytery. It remains an active church with a strong mission focus.