The stately Conway town clock greets people approaching city hall. It was designed by W.H. Winborne, master cabinetmaker of Conway. The purchase of the clock was authorized by town council on July 11, 1939 and was built over a three month period.
The tower was constructed of local black jack cypress purchased from the Conway Lumber Company. The Seth Thomas works cost $750.00 and were installed just before Thanksgiving of 1939.
Reflections on Conway Town Clock
Greg Richardson of Conway wrote to SCIWAY in September of 2007 to tell us that the “City of Conway just completed restoration of the clock and we held a ceremony to honor the families of the original supporters.”