The Mullins Depot was opened as a result of the opening of the Wilmington and Manchester Railroad in 1854.
The original wood-framed depot was built in 1901 and was remodeled in 1931. This is the building that is still standing today. Mullins area has always been a farming community. In the late 1800s, the city of Mullins consisted of only a few business. One of the early businesses was the turpentine industry until the introduction of tobacco in 1894.
The Mullins Depot also houses the present-day SC Tobacco Museum.
SCIWAY thanks George Smith for providing this picture and great historical information.