Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast — McCormick, South Carolina
SC Picture Project | McCormick County | Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast
This brick building in McCormick has functioned as a hotel since it was built around 1882. Originally called the McCormick Temperance Hotel, it was designed to welcome passengers from the McCormick Railroad.
The business was purchased in 1905 by Mrs. J.M. Marsh, whose seven-year-old daughter, Fannie Kate, assisted with the chores necessary in running a hotel. After Mrs. Marsh’s death, Fannie Kate took over the hotel. According to the present owners, the bed and breakfast is located on top of the Dorn’s gold mine tunnels. The gold mines of McCormick were discovered in 1852.
Fannie Kate’s Bed and Breakfast Info
Address: 127 South Main Street, McCormick, SC 29835
GPS Coordinates: 33.911731,-82.293653