A railroad depot was established in Holly Hill as early as 1886 when the Eutawville Railroad stretched to the Orangeburg County hamlet. Following the advent of the community’s railroad stop came the official founding of the town in 1887. Another depot building replaced the original before this train station was constructed in 1921.
Today the former depot houses the Tri-County Regional Chamber of Commerce, serving Orangeburg, Berkeley, and Dorchester counties. It also serves as a town visitors center.
Reflections on the Holly Hill Depot
Contributor Ann Helms shares of her above photo: “The former Atlantic Coast Line RR depot now serves as a community center for Holly Hill. Here it is decorated for the holidays.”
Leave a Reply