Barnwell, South Carolina


People began to settle in the City of Barnwell in the early 1800s. During this time it was known as ‘Red Hill’ until it was incorporated as a town in 1829. The town limits were just a three-quarter mile radius around the Barnwell County Courthouse, which is still considered the heart of the city today.

Map of Barnwell Landmarks