Fairfax, South Carolina


Fairfax is located in Allendale County, close to the Hampton County line at the junction of US 278 and US 321.

Originally, Fairfax was known as Sanders because only a few families comprised the entire population of the town and Sanders was the last name of two of those families. In the 1880s a railroad depot was built and the community began to grow. The town was chartered as Fairfax in 1893.

Map of Fairfax Landmarks