Constructed in 1910, the former Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Depot still stands strong in Florence. Designed by the official architect for the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company, J.F. Leitner, the building also served as the Florence Amtrack Station for many years.
Although no longer servicing the rail lines, the depot has been renovated and is now used as offices for McLeod Regional Medical Center. A newer depot is located next door which handles passenger rail traffic for Amtrak. Multiple track lines, now owned by CSX, are still located behind the former Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Depot.