Van Wyck Presbyterian Church — Lancaster County, South Carolina
SC Picture Project | Lancaster County | Van Wyck Presbyterian Church
The sanctuary and bell tower seen in this picture were built in 1912 and are part of the second church structure built for Van Wyck Presbyterian Church. When the original church, built in 1884, was replaced, lumber from the interior and exterior was recycled and used in local homes.
The historic Van Wyck community is located in the panhandle of Lancaster County between the York County line and the North Carolina state line. Originally, an Indian settlement, Europeans began to settle here in the mid-1700s.
Several pronunciations of ‘Wyck’ are accepted including Wick, Wike, and Wack but many locals with family roots in the area say they make a rhyme with ‘like’ – as in “There is a lot to like about Van Wyck.”
Van Wyck Presbyterian Church Info
Address: 5140 Old Hickory Road, Lancaster , SC 29720
GPS Coordinates: 34.857799,-80.842907
You may not use them in any form without written consent.