This historic sanctuary in Gaffney has housed a Baptist congregation since it was built in 1847. Prior to that year, a log cabin served local Baptists on this site. This brick church, which succeeded the cabin, was the project of Baptist minister Dr. Thomas Curtis of London, England, who also founded nearby Limestone College. The masonry that comprises the edifice is local brick supplemented with ballast from ships arriving to the port of Charleston.
The first church to occupy this sanctuary was called Ephesus Baptist Church. That congregation later became known as Limestone Baptist Church, and then Limestone Springs Baptist Church. The present congregation bought the house of worship in 1983 and christened it Trinity Baptist Church. Since that year, the building has undergone restoration and updating while maintaining its original appearance.