The Klauber Building, situated in the upper Dorchester County town of St. George, was built around 1894 as a mercantile store serving a community bustling with railroad commerce. Today the building houses the St. George office of the Tri-County Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Visitor Center, and a town museum.
While St. George remains the county seat, today the town is much smaller than neighboring Summerville. However, the residents of St. George – dubbed the “Town of Friendly People” – like it that way and encourage visitors to learn about their history and culture as a stop along the South Carolina Heritage Corridor. The Klauber Building is open from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on weekdays.
More Pictures of Klauber Building