This steel truss bridge crosses Stevens Creek, which separates McCormick County and Edgefield County. Known as Key Bridge for Henry Key, who in 1772 received a land grant totaling 1,900 acres of surrounding property, the bridge was originally built in 1912. Ironwork and masonry remain from the foundation of an early timber bridge that once crossed the creek downstream from this site. The ruins from that bridge date to the early nineteenth or late eighteenth century.
In 2007 the truss bridge was rebuilt by the South Carolina National Guard and the United States Forest Service as a pedestrian bridge. Today Key Bridge is now part of the South Carolina Rails to Trails hiking and biking trails program. Hikers can follow the Turkey Creek trail for seven miles south of the bridge or the Wine Creek trail five miles north of the bridge. Key Bridge is part of the Long Cane Ranger District of the Sumter National Forest.